Saturday, December 30, 2006

Quiet day of more testing

Contrary to what I reported in yesterday's post, the Nvidia 8800 Tech Demo of "Froggy" does not utilize the CPU at 100%. My subsequent executions of the "Froggy" demo only utilized 45 to 50% of the CPU. I'm perplexed why my initial run yesterday showed 100% CPU usage. I'll have to find another program that stresses both the CPU and GPU at the same time.

Johnny Lee's SP2004 ORTHOS ran overnight and for most of the day on Nighthawk without any problem. I noted that CPU temperature reached as high as 67C/153F and the motherboard temperature maxed out at 32C/90F during the execution of ORTHOS. It appears that Nighthawk is running stable at 3.0GHz overclock, but I am not going to rush the process.

Patience is one of the keys to successful overclocking.


I am posting this right now from Nighthawk while the Media Center TV is on. Of course, Everest Ultimate is also running so I can monitor the system.

However, what is most interesting is that "a RAID 0 migration is in progress" also. I started this migration about half an hour ago.

My post tomorrow will focus on this RAID 0 migration and the incredible Intel ICH8R Controller on the ASUS P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP motherboard and the Intel Matrix Storage Console. There's a reason why "Matrix" is used instead of "RAID" in the console's name.

No comments: